The upper lip is a sensitive area; so do not shave it against the grain. Instead, shave with the grain and across the grain for a close shave without irritation. Using a pre-shave oil can help facilitate a smooth trim. In regards to the side of the lips, try using your thumb and index fingers to pinch your upper and lower lips together making the corners stand out. This will make it a little easier to shave that area.
2. Keeping a good complexion is not a troublesome endeavor.
You’re not getting any younger. But you can make the world believe you are by taking good care of your skin. In order to keep your complexion looking fresh, use an exfoliating cleanser and moisturizer 2-3 times a week. Also, use a hydrating post-shave gel to complete every shave.
3. With a coarse beard, sometimes a traditional razor doesn’t provide the best shave.
It’s possible that a traditional three or five blade razor is the cause of breakouts. The reason: too much blade. Irritated, bumpy skin can be avoided by using a high-quality double-edge razor.
4. Getting your hair looking and feeling sharp.
As a general rule, longer hair needs more attention than shorter hair. Hair that is longer than 5 inches should be washed and conditioned 5-7 times a week. The oils your hair naturally produces are important and too much washing will strip them.
For a strong hold use our pomade right out of the jar. Diluting the pomade with water will lighten the firmness of the hold.
5. How to achieve a close shave without irritating the skin.
Begin the shaving process by using pre-shave oil. It helps with the friction of the blade and prevents ingrown hairs and bumps. Secondly, always avoid shaving against the grain. Lastly, don’t place too much pressure on the razor. A quality razor is sharp enough and should not require an inordinate amount of pressure.
6. The rule on manicures and pedicures.
You know they are important. But how important? Men should receive manicures twice a month and a pedicure every 3-4 weeks. But hold off on the colored nail polish.
7. All shaving cream is not the same. Really.
It’s important to have a shaving cream that is natural and glycerin based. The glycerin traps moisture so while you are shaving away layers of your skin, you are also hydrating it. Shaving aerosols and alcohol based creams cannot provide such benefits.
8. How to properly care for your badger hair brush.
With the proper attention, a badger hair brush should provide you with a quality lather for several years.
- Lather lightly without pressure.
- After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all excess moisture. Never boil the brush.
- Leave in open air to dry out. Never enclose a damp brush.
- Periodically soak and rinse out to loosen build-up.